We are exactly one year from commemorating the 1968 Bursar’s Office Takeover at Northwestern University. The activities comprising the 50th anniversary of this momentous event will be unlike any set of activities ever seen at Northwestern.
Please save the dates of May 3-6, 2018, and plan to return to Evanston. We fully intend to host over 1000 participants in the activities. We will contact and convince you in many ways between now and then.
Here is a sample of activities to be held during the four days of Commemoration Weekend.
- A theatrical representation of the Bursar’s Office takeover
- A documentary on the events leading up to and including the event
- A symposium examining the legacy of the Bursar’s Office takeover
- Release of a book on the topic
- A musical tribute
- A vigil and rededication of the Black House
- Displays and tributes from the NUBAA Archives
- The NUBAA Summit and Salute to Excellence Gala
Jeffrey E. Sterling, MD, MPH
President, Northwestern University Black Alumni Association